#The100DaysProject: an update
It's been a month since I started #The100DayProject, and I've made... 10 things, as of today. I, um... have trouble with consistent daily routines, apparently. *sheepish*
BUT. It's been doing what I wanted it to do, which is to shake me out of my comfort zone and get me thinking about materials differently. Some of the pieces I've actually liked quite a lot, others bug me, but it's making me work in new ways, and that's all for the good.
I'm not beating myself up about how far behind I am; in hindsight, taking on a challenge like this right before Pesach was basically setting myself up for "failure" anyway, and while I'm not going to try to get caught up, exactly, I've been working on getting to the point where I'm actually making one new thing a day. Some days are more successful than others.
Today's piece was a necklace, using a handful of beads that really don't go together to my way of thinking, plus mixing metals. My OCD tendencies are NOT happy with mixing metals lately, and I can't quite figure out why. I used to be a lot more comfortable with it. The end result makes me twitch a lot, but I also like it. (I think.)